The routine: The day’s program today started with chanting of the ashta:kshari manthra from 6:30 am to 7:30 am followed by se:va:ka:lam and ya:gam at around 9:30 am. Pu:rna:huthi was completed by 12:30 pm.
Bhi:shma Eka:dasi: On the occasion of Bhi:shma Eka:dasi today, Sri Vishnu Sahasrana:ma was chanted until around 1 pm while doing parikrama – circumambulation of the entire ya:gasha:la. It was led by Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji. The procession started from the Garuda sthamba and concluded with all devotees chanting the Vishnu Sahasrana:ma with lot of love and devotion to God.
Gopala:cha:rya Swamy’s Thirunakshatram: Sri Sri Go:pa:la:cha:rya Swamy is HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji’s prime Guru. Today, being His Thirunakshathram, Gopalopayanam was conducted. Gopalopayanam is given by the Ubhaya Vedantha Acharya Peetham every year commemorating the thirunakshathram of Ubhaya Vedantha Sriman Gopalacharya Swamy. Today this special honour was done to Sriman Ma:dabhu:shi Varada Rajan swamij in Pravachana Mandapam.
- Parame:shti and Vaibhave:sti Istis
Guests of honour: Honourable Vice President Sri Venkaiah Naidu garu, Bandaru Dattatreya garu, Cine actor and Politician Chiranjeevi garu visited ya:gasha:la and sought mangala:sa:sanas of HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji.
PRAVACHANA MANDAPAM / MAIN STAGE
Note: National Level Artist events – To Be Added.
KNOWLEDGE, KNOWLEDGE EVERYWHERE!
Today, being the auspicious day of Bhi:shma E:ka:dasi a grand function was conducted to mark the release of a few books amidst an august gathering of Jeeyars, Dr. Samudrala Ranga Ramanujacharya Swamiji and the winner of prestigious Gopa:lo:pa:yana Puraskaram for this year Sriman Ma:dabhu:shi Varada Rajan swamiji.
Following were the books that were released:
- “Bhagavad Ramanujacharya – As understood by East and Western Scholars” – compiled by Samudrala Ranga Ramanujacharya swamiji.
- “Pranava Manju:sha:” – Book translated into Telugu from Sanskrit version (released as two volumes – 1 and 2).
- “Sri: Bha:shyam – Vya:karana Viseshalu” – book which explains the wonderful grammatical constructs used by Bhagavad Ramanuja in his treatise Sri: Bha:shyam
- “Veda – Veda:ngamulu” – A book in Telugu which is a commentary on Sri Ramanujacharya Swami’s Gi:tha: Bha:shyam.
Distinguished guests were invited by HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji to receive these books –
- Sriman Prof. Penna Madhusudan garu, who is the vice-chancellor of Kavikulaguru Kalidasa University. He gave a wonderful speech explaining importance of the book Bhagavad Ramanujacharya – As understood by East and Western Scholars by mentioning a few quotes from that book. He also expressed his wish that the book be translated into Telugu as well so that it can reach wider population.
- Sriman Vara Prasad Rao garu, founder of Santha Bio Tech organization spoke about the great work JET is doing in bringing out these books and how he reads all those books.
- Sriman Justice Sivasankar garu also received a copy of the books and spoke about the importance of such books in the present day’s context.
- Minister for Panchayathi Raj in Telangana – Sriman Errabelli Dayakar Rao garu who oversaw the logistics for this event from the state government, spoke about how blessed he felt he was, to be part of the event.
A few of the subsequent cultural programs that started around 12 noon are as follows:
- Visually challenged children of Nethra schools performed a wonderful musical concert. The soulful rendition of these children moved the audience, who were overwhelmed when told that a couple of these children also got selected to National team for Visually challenged women’s team, to play T-20 cricket. This event is scheduled to be held from 28 February to 5th March 2022.
Carnatic music concert by “Padmasri” Sobha Raju garu, who is a:stha:na vidushi mani in Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams along with her students.
- Today, for ba:la bho:gam (Breakfast) 35,000 people were served Godhuma Rawa upma, Coconut chutney and Wheat flour halwa (sweet).
- Ra:ja bho:gam (Lunch) was served to around 1,80,000 people until 3 PM today. Menu included Godhuma Rawa upma, Coconut chutney and Wheat flour halwa (sweet), Boondi laddu (sweet), sambar and butter milk.
- As it was Eka:dasi, Godhuma rawa upma (instead of rice) was served.
For snacks and Alpa:ha:ram (dinner) Upma Rawa Kesari and Pa:yasam was served to nearly 40,000 people until 10 PM today. More than 35 volunteers were fully involved in serving food to everyone while strictly following covid norms.